Thursday, April 19, 2007

Busy Week while I'm gone...


Well it is Thursday morning and I am sitting at the Portland, Oregon airport. They happen to have free wireless in the airport so with 2 hours to spend I thought I would catch up on some blog!

I flew out here on Tuesday for a meeting on Wednesday. It's a long way to go but sometimes you just have to meet clients face to face. I got in really late on Tuesday. Wednesday I drove around a little bit and tried to see Mount Hood. Huge mountain. The weather wasn't too cooperative as it was rainy and overcast. Typical for this area. I did see Multnomah Falls. Just breathtaking! I took the picture at the left while I was standing there and even went across the little bridge which was built in 1914 out of concrete!!!

Wednesday, Alex had another home game at Lycoming. Chrissy really wanted to see her play so she and Michael packed up the car and drove up there! She was really glad she did and so was Alex. They won again and Alex got some good playing time. Chris was really tired and didn't get home until after 10pm but made it home safely.

Today, Chrissy has an MRI appointment followed by a meeting with the Dr. that performed the chemoembolization 3 weeks ago. It really pains me that I cannot be there for the appointment. I believe that it is the first Dr. appointment I've missed with her in 3 years... Her Mom and Dad took her to Johns Hopkins and is going to be with her all day so I know that she's not by herself. She said she could do it on her own but I insisted that someone be with her. We are really praying that the Dr. sheds some promising news on our life at todays appointment. We don't know what the next steps are and that is always the hardest part of this ordeal. I'll post tomorrow and bring you up to date.

This weekend is supposed to be sunny and near 70. We are looking forward to just getting outside! The cold weather is really starting to wear on us all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dewitt Family,
We are praying for you that you will especially feel God's peace and love during this time, and that He will give you strength as you hear the findings of today's report.

Like you, here in NY we are also looking forward to warmer temperatures for the coming weekend. It's been a very looonnng winter.

Congratulations to Alex and her team for a job well done!

Know you are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
Love,
The Boswells
Chittenango, NY