Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Where to start?

Sorry for the long delay in getting my blog updated. It's been a pretty hectic week and I'm just now getting a few minutes to get back to it.

First the important stuff. Chris took herself to Hopkins on Friday for a bonescan, bloodwork, and a CT scan. It all went pretty well although the bonescan took a little longer than normal. She goes back this Friday for an EKG which is the final test before the trial begins. I think that she will be starting the trial on June 11'th. It is pretty intensive. Chemo one day, vaccine the next, blood draw each day for 3 days.... on and on. I'll put a schedule up when we know it for sure.

We are both a little overwhelmed with all of what is about to happen but I don't have to tell you how strong Chris is. She keeps our whole family together and is ready to start this in hopes that it works and that it can help others in some way in the future.

I got back from Pinehurst late Sunday. Good trip, lots of golf. It was great to get away for a few days from work and all the stuff at home. Chris insisted that I go and I'm thankful for it.

Michael scored a goal in his lacrosse game on Saturday so that was a big deal for all of us. Of course it happened when I wasn't there. Thank you to The Marries for taking Tyler to his game on Saturday. They've been a huge help with car pooling and when I'm gone.

Yesterday I made a day trip to Columbus OH to visit a company that my firm has a relationship with. Left home at 5:30 am and back home at 7pm.... Good meeting long day!!!

Now we're looking at the summer. Alex is working and doing well. The boys will be home in just a few short weeks! Worst time of the year for sure. They'll be busy though. Vacations are up in the air. We are trying to work out a trip with some good friends of ours but are waiting to firm up our schedules at the hospital. We wanted to try Mexico or back to Aruba. We'll see.

Thanks for all the emails with good wishes! It is quite uplifting!

No comments: