Friday, January 18, 2008

End of school term

Well it's been a little over a week since my last post. Not a whole lot is going on to tell you the truth. It's just the boys and I and they are in school and I'm working from home. It's sort of nice in a way to get back into a routine!

The routine is over though for now as their school term ended today. No school on Mon,Tues, or Wed next week either! Ty's done pretty well in school. Michael is doing okay but really needs to start focusing better. He just has a hard time in some of his classes.

Last Monday I went to the Hospices grief counseling drop in session. I've been feeling pretty crappy since Christmas and thought I would give it a try. I'm not sure if that is the best venue for me at this point as it is an open forum for people with varying types of grief. They have an 8-week session coming up in February that is only for grieving spouses and that may be a little better. They have a financial workshop coming up too which may be of some help. There are lots of resources available to me and I'm going to start looking into them. Also, Michael will start a session at school in March as well.

Alex and Jon (1-n) are coming home tonight for a couple days. It's the last time she can come home for the entire school year as lacrosse starts next week and that will take all her weekends. We're going to try and go skiing/sledding tomorrow depending on the weather. We got 5" or so of snow yesterday!

Oh yeah we had a guy come last week and install an invisible fence around our entire property. This will hopefully help keep the dog from wandering around in the neighbors yard. I can also leave her out and not worry about her anymore too. One less thing to have to worry about...

No comments: