Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Birthday Blues

Well it's been about a week since I posted anything so I thought I'd bring everyone up to speed.

Last Tuesday was my birthday. It was not all that great. Another one of those firsts that come around that really stinks. Chris and I never made a big deal out events like birthdays but would always make sure the kids got out and did something. Her parents came over on my birthday and took the boys and I out to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. We had a good time and dinner was very good.

Before that however I went to pay my respects to Father Wayne. It was and continues to be a huge loss for me and the entire community. I spoke with several people at the church and all told me that he continued to keep our family in his prayers and he asked about us frequently.

I've been busy with our local lacrosse program. www.spireslacrosse.org if you want to check out what I'm doing there. We have a big parent meeting tonight that I have to present at. Practice starts on Saturday for this club. Michael plays in that and on another team as well. He's been practicing on Sunday afternoons for that already. Tyler's high school team begins Saturday and he's been staying after for the preseason practices already.

Alex came home last Saturday and brought her friend / teammate. I took them to the airport on Saturday. Their team is in Clearwater Beach for spring break. They'll be back on Saturday and then off to school on Sunday.

I finally went to the Dr. yesterday. Been having a huge problem with my upper back. Stress related so she says. On muscle relaxers and ibuprofen. Hopefully that will help. I'm going to be going back for a physical and all that soon as well. I have to take care of myself so I've been told.

Ty and I have been busy working in the basement. We are remodelling the whole thing and have a little construction going on. It's a work in progress.

No comments: