Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blue Man Group

Last weekend the boys and I went to a concert at the Patriot Center on the campus of George Mason University in Virginia. We saw the Blue Man Group. A Vegas icon for sure. I've always wanted to see them myself and this was an excellent chance.

We had great seats and the show was really entertaining. I took the picture you see with my phone and the youtube videos are some samples of what they do. Highly recommended especially for families.

I know a lot of you have been wondering "how we're doing"... The answer to that all depends on how you look at it I guess. Alex seems to be doing pretty well. College life is pretty good to her. Lacrosse is now in full swing and her practices keep her pretty busy. She comes home next Friday for 1 night and then flies to Florida for spring break with her team. They return the following Saturday and back to school on Sunday. Her 1st game is the following weekend. I am going to try so very hard to see as many as I can. Chris was so proud of Alex and proud to be her lacrosse mom. I too always had a rush when I saw her step out onto the collegiate field. I will do my best to continue that this year as well.

Last Friday Tyler skipped school and went to the PA Outdoorsman Show with his Uncle Ken and his grandfather. They were gone all day and he was exhausted. He really enjoyed it and had a good time getting out of the house. Lacrosse practice has started for him as well. It's been cold but he's working hard and looking forward to the season. He is doing well in school both socially and academically.

Michael is having a tough time in school. His grades have suffered considerably but we are working very hard to try and keep him focused and on track. It is so much work for me trying to keep on top of all that has to be done, not only with him but the entire household as well.

So that leaves me... I've been very busy with work recently. That's been good but very tiring. I had to go to Philadelphia for the day last week and I really was upset a little about leaving. I got home at 7:30 and the boys actually weren't home. Our friend Billie came and got them and took them to her house on the other side of town. They had a great time and it made me feel a lot better.

I find myself waking up in the middle of the night sometimes and not falling back to sleep. Even the dog looks at me like I'm crazy. I usually lay there and eventually just get up. I've been to a couple of grief counselor meetings. It's sort of good to be able to talk to someone about what's really going on inside, but I find it hard to get motivated to go.

The last few years I played in a pool league with my brothers-in-law Ken, and Joey and my father in law too. I quit going back in September and dropped in once or twice in the last 5 months. Well Ken called me and talked me in to coming back full time (or "more" time). I asked the boys and they didn't mind. It is really good to get out of the house and actually have some time for myself. I really miss the adult conversation that I always had when Chris was here. We all take things for granted and that was certainly one of things that I miss the most.

Tonight we went to the high school hockey game to watch our neighbor play . They won and play again Thursday. Afterwards, the boys and I went to Chris's favorite restaurant, La Paz, in downtown Frederick. We had a nice dinner and when we got our drinks we had a toast to our "Mom".

I really miss her.

No comments: