Monday, March 17, 2008

Tribute to Chris

The Maryland & DC Credit Union Association paid a very nice tribute to Chris this morning. Mike Beall is the CEO and writes a weekly column for their newsletter entitled Mike's minute. Here is a link to the site: http://www.mdcul.org/minute.html

This comes a day after I drove up to Arcadia University on Sunday. The boys did not want to go to watch Alex play lacrosse again, but I did. And as a parent with a child in collegiate sports you do whatever you can to get there. So I left them at home with a long list of chores and drove the 3 hours over to North Philadelphia by myself.

Alex played quite a bit. She also plays defense and rarely has a chance to go past the restraining line. Yesterday another defender stole the ball near the goal, cleared it out to the side and Alex broke to the center of the field for another clearing pass. She got it and turned and started to run up field, and run, and run, and run.... She didn't stop. Went through a few defenders and shot and scored! The entire bench erupted in cheers. I was so excited to get a chance to witness her goal. I couldn't hold back the tears though because I know that Chris would have bee elated on the sideline. This goal was for her!!!

As you can see Alex wears pink shoelaces in her cleats in honor of her Mom. She's easy to pick out in the crowd of people that are fighting for the ball. This just goes to show you that if you can make it to a game, then you go. If I had missed this I would be so upset. Seeing it brought a ray of joy into my life.

More pictures can be found here on my Web Album.

No comments: