Friday, July 18, 2008

Off to the beach...

Well I finally had a chance to meet Mr. Andy Buerger. This gentleman is the person responsible for creating the Climb for Hope program that raises fund for Dr. Emens research for a Stage IV vaccine to treat breast cancer patients.

He just came back from a very successful climb of Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa. He was an extraordinary man with a huge heart. He's been doing this for about 3 years now and the numbers in his group continues to climb.

He shared with me some personal data of which I will keep to myself, but in a nutshell the research that he raises money for is something that could benefit someone in his personal life as well. Best of luck to you and your loved ones Andy!

Tomorrow morning Alex and the boys are driving to the Outer Banks, NC for a week of vacation with our close friends across the street (Ray and Cheryl). I am flying to Rochester, NY to attend a special charity golf tournament in honor or Ryan McPhee. I'm coming back on Monday and then driving down on Monday to the beach. Should be a busy weekend. Once there a little R and R on the beach will be most welcome. Chris and I had been several times before with Ray and Cheryl to the beach to the same location. It will be hard not having her there with us but I'm sure she'll be watching over us.

While we were loading the car we came across a bucket of beach toys and in it were a bunch of shells that Chris had collected the last time that we were down there... that hurt a little.

No comments: