Monday, July 28, 2008

Ryan McPhee Golf Tournament


Last weekend before traveling to NC for vacation I was able to attend a very special charity golf event. My good friends Rich and Jill in Rochester, NY lost their son to leukemia 2 years ago on June 29th. Last year they held the inaugural golf outting to raise money for Camp Good Days which is a camp to help kids and families that are going through the struggles of cancer treatments.

Last year I was unable to attend this event because Chris was in the hospital at that time. I sponsored a hole then. This year I sponsored a hole and was able to attend the event. I played with my friend Rich and even though the weather was iffy at best they still managed to raise over $5,000 for the camp! My hole sponsor banner is the picture above.

After the event I flew back home to Baltimore and then drove to NC to be with the kids down in NC (more on that later)....

No comments: