Thursday, October 11, 2007

Moving along...

Yesterday I finally went out and played golf with a friend of mine. It was a beautiful day and it really helped to take my mind off of everything. We walked 18 holes and so it was good exercise too! When I got home the boys had finished up their homework so we decided to go out to Bushwaller's in Frederick for dinner. Michael really likes this place because Chris and I took him there about a year ago. It's an Irish pub/bar but has good food. We had a good meal and a good time.

I took the boys to the skateboard shop (pitcrew) after that. Tyler "needed" a new board so I helped him with that.
After that I asked the boys if they wanted to go to the cemetery. I needed to go by and water the huge mum I bought for Chris. They looked at each other and waited for the other one to say something. After a few seconds they said yes. We went over, got a watering can, filled it up and went to the site. This was the 1st time the boys had been there since Chris was buried. They did great. I did okay. I was more emotional for them than anything else. We stood there for a few minutes and just hugged each other next to Chris. We then watered the mum and walked around to look at headstones. We need to start that process pretty soon too and I want the boys to be involved. It started getting dark so we left around 7.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: