Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend...


Where to start...

This weekend was the beginning of a time that I've been dreading for quite some time now. It was Labor Day 2007 that we had to take Chris to the hospital because she was feeling so ill. It was the 3rd last year. All of the horrible memories from that week are starting to come back.

The boys and I were not going to sit around and take it though! Saturday we left for the day and went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival over by Annapolis. We had a good time. We ate a lot of good food, steak on a stake, sausages, you name it! Chris and I went to this about 20 years ago when we didn't have children. This year was a fun time for Ty, Mike and I. We saw jousting and watched several of the comedy and juggling acts. It was nice to see the boys laughing, me too.

Sunday we went out for a pool party to our friends Danny and Brenda. Sort of an end of summer gathering. It is so hard to believe that summer is over! We got home late but had the dog with us so it didn't matter too much. She likes going and running with their 2 bigger dogs. OH yeah, I made some special beans for this event and I must say they came out pretty good. Everyone enjoyed them. I've been trying to better my cooking skills, what few I have.

Monday, we decided to take in the final Frederick Keys game of the season. The game was in the afternoon and it was a glorious day outside. They have a pizza giveaway each game to the fan(s) who scream the loudest in between innings. Well Michael won that hands down this time! So we had a large pizza for lunch. Michael also was able to run down 3, yes 3 foul balls at this game. He and Tyler are really good at this and every game that we go to someone comes home with a foul ball. After the game Michael also was given a bat from the dugout! Another one for the collection!

We saw Dave, (Keys General Manager), after the game and congratulated him on a successful season and looked forward to opening day next year! He's been very good to me and my family during the last year and we can't thank him enough.

Well 9/11 is right around the corner. I'll TRY to keep you updated on what's going on but as that day approaches my desire to do much of anything is pretty low. Thanks for checking in...

No comments: