Monday, September 15, 2008

The FINAL post...

This was the year of firsts. I really hate that saying. Why? Because, what it really means is each and every "special" occasion, holiday, event, etc. is impacted because Chris is not there. It's true, every holiday, trip, dinner, game, was just not like it was before.

Guess what? This coming year is not going to be any different. Nor will the year after that or the 20 years after that. From the standpoint of not having Chris here they will all have the same feeling. Most will be good times, fun times, exciting times, but there will ALWAYS be a small piece missing which would make it complete.

This blog was created several years ago and it's purpose was to keep all of the hundreds of people that loved Chris so much informed about what was happening in her life with her battle with breast cancer. At the same time that it provided information to you, it also was helpful to me by giving me a forum in which to let out some of the emotions (good and bad) that were flowing through me.

This past year was just horrible to put it bluntly. Next year will hopefully be better. At the same time though this past year was also a way for my family and I to get stronger and closer. From that standpoint I think I did well and that my family did well. We have a lot of work ahead of us but we'll face each challenge as it comes.

I put a survey up asking if you wanted to see me continue this blog. Final scoring was about 30 yes's to 1 no. The no wasn't mine! But, I agree with the no and it's my choice. :) So this will be my last post on this blog.

What I have decided to do is to create a NEW blog. This blog will be about the DeWitt Family and what is happening in our lives as we continue forward. Much like what the past 6 months or so have been in this blog. I wanted to separate the 2 as this blog is a tribute to Chris I would like to keep it that way. Please visit the new blog at:

http://www.charliedewitt.com

Be sure to bookmark it when you get there. Please send me some ideas of what you would like to see on the blog but for now it will be similar to this.

Chris lives on in each and every one of us. Especially within Tyler, Alex, Michael and I. Don't worry, there will still be PLENTY of mention of Chris in the new blog too, however it will be more geared towards the kids and I, and what we're up to. Very much like this blog has been in the last 9 months or so. I don't know how often I will update it, but I will do my best.

Well this is my FINAL post here and I would like to say one final thank you to each and every one of you who have viewed this blog. Most are friends, some are family, and some are unknowns. I urge you to go back and read some of the old posts as I just did. They can be entertaining for sure.

Please remember to keep Christine Annette DeWitt in your thoughts and in your prayers. She was a very special woman to all of us. She is missed so much by her parents, brothers, sisters, children, and of course by me. Her loss has left a huge impact on our home, the community, and office place, but it is up to all of us to take what we have learned from her and the values that she has set forth for us and to continue on in her honor and her memory. She will be remembered not only by this generation, but for future generations as well.

Thank you for all of the love and support that you've given me and my family the past few years and especially this most recent year. The pain of Chris's death remains and will for a long time, but with continued support we will work through the pain and continue forward as best as we can.

I'll see you at the other blog...

Love,
Charlie
http://www.charliedewitt.com

P.S. If you are a first time viewer of this blog and would like to start from the beginning click HERE and it will take you to September 2006.

No comments: