Monday, October 1, 2007

Parent's Weekend

FIRST: I uploaded all of the pictures that were used in the running DVD display at the funeral home during calling hours. The direct link is here.

Friday the boys and I drove up to Lycoming to visit Alex for Parent's Weekend. We got up there around 7pm and then immediately met Alex and Jon (no H) at Ichibahn for dinner.

The boys love having the Japanese Chef cook the food in front of us and especially like the fire and flames! After dinner Alex took the boys back to her dorm and I went to the hotel to rest.

Saturday we went to the football game. It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining bright. After the game Alex's lax team had an intrasquad scrimmage. She played well. Later just me and kids had a quick dinner and the boys and I returned home. It was a long ride home. The boys watched a movie and I drove silently.

Sunday morning we all planned on sleeping in. No deal. I got up early. I went to the cemetery to visit Chris's grave site. I sat in the morning shade with her for about an hour.

Later Sunday, My in-laws and Chris's brothers and sisters came over to the house to visit. I cooked on the grill and made some other things for everyone to have. It was nice getting to see everyone again. Just not the same though. It'll take awhile to get used to not having Chris here for family events.

No comments: