Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to Chris...

Since today is Chrissy's birthday Alex sent me a picture from her cell phone that she took in Ocean City around the 4'th of July when they were out there. Of course Chris was just having a great time with the boys while she was there as evident from the picture. Sorry guys!

Today I went to the Oncology Center in Frederick and visited with the head social worker there. I took her a bunch of things that Chris wanted them to have. In fact they've been boxed up for about 2 months and we just never got over there. We chatted for awhile and then I left to go to the cemetery.
I spent a couple of hours at the cemetery sitting in a chair under the tree next to Chris's grave. It was incredibly difficult at first and I cried a lot. The first time I've felt that way in a couple of weeks. I did a little grounds keeping while I was there and then ran out and bought a huge mum for her. I brought it back and it was just perfect. Other people came to visit today as well. Co-workers and family alike. It was a happy birthday in different kind of way. It is just so very hard to not have her around. Just look at the picture and the smile that she has with the boys. That's what we miss most right now.

Tomorrow we are going to Lycoming to visit with Alex for Parent's Weekend. We're going out to dinner and then attending the football game on Saturday. After the game Alex's team has an intrasquad scrimmage so we'll see that and then make our way home. She's doing well and looking forward to seeing us.

No comments: