Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day 2

I have a few minutes and thought I’d bring you up to date on Chris.

Chris's sisterJenny came to the hospital this afternoon to visit with Chris and give me a little break. I'm beat. I’m in the lobby now and will be going back up soon. Chris is about the same right now as yesterday. They are doing a procedure to drain all the fluid out of her belly that has built up. It involves a big needle and is called paracentisis. Tomorrow they will put in a drain so that we can drain it ourselves if it fills up again. It most likely will.

The team of Dr.’s are still doing tests to determine the best plan of attack. The CT scan yesterday did show numerous tumors in her liver that are obviously causing it to not function properly. Right now we’re trying to get her comfortable. Dr. Emens will be up later to discuss in more detail all of the findings.

That’s it for now. I wish I could tell you more but right now that’s where we’re at…

No comments: