Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day after my Endoscopy

Yesterday (Monday) I went to the outpatient center to have an upper endoscopy done as prescribed by my GI doctor. The test went well. I was asleep for it and the entire process took only about 90 minutes from the time I got there to the time I left.

After the procedure the Dr. told me that nothing major was found. They found a few "erosions" which can be aggravated and cause pain. They took a few samples and sent them for biopsies. The CT scan and bloodwork done last week came back and all looked normal according to the Dr. This was a huge relief to me as I was really starting to get worried about how I was feeling and what it could be. I follow up in 2 weeks with him. Thanks to everyone for looking out for me and keeping tabs on me.

I started doing some things again for work. I'm way behind but have still managed to bring on 3 new accounts in the last few days that I had already been working with. I spoke with my boss Phyllis, which many of you met, and she has been more than supportive.

Tonight I took Ty and Michael out to get ice cream in Frederick. They enjoyed it and it was nice to get out together. School is going well for them so far. Michael still has work to makeup but is getting there.

Thursday is Chrissy's birthday. I don't know what I'm going to do that day, but I'm sure I'll go and sing happy birthday for her.

This weekend the boys and I are going to visit Alex at school for parents weekend. We'll go to the football game saturday and watch her play lacrosse after that on the turf field. We're coming home late Saturday.

Today I received the Chrissy's death certificates. That was a tough envelope to open. I have a long list of places to contact but several people are giving me a lot of help.

Good night to everyone....

No comments: