Wednesday, September 19, 2007

An email from my sister...

It's been quite awhile since I've seen my sister. She made the trip out here last weekend and it was great seeing her. She left early Monday morning and just sent out an email to some of her close friends. I thought I would share it with you all.

Well everyone I finally got back Monday and I have just spent the most emotional draining weekend I have ever had to encounter. If there was ever the meaning of true love, my brother and his wife who just passed, had to write the book. They were the pillars of the community and calling hrs went past there hours just to accommodate the lines that went out the door and into the parking lot.

The Catholic Church was filled to capacity, and not one dry eye in the place. The emotion was running high as the Priest himself shed tears, knowing Chrissy, and that he himself has cancer.
By the time we reached the cemetery and everyone was slowly walking toward the grave site out of no where bagpipes started from a distance and came toward us. After a quick sermon and as everyone was saying their goodbyes the bagpipes filled the air and slowly headed off to the distance.

My brothers house was overfilled to capacity with everyone being there to give support to Charlie. He is blessed to have some of the most wonderful neighbors and friends anyone could ask for. We never had to touch a thing. They had all the food and arrangements done. Even his daughter's entire lacrosse team came from her college in PA just to be there.
I was so glad that I could be there for my brother and it meant alot to him that I could. Over the weekend I learned what the meaning of true love really is, and that life is to short, staying in contact with family and friends should not be put off for another day.

For anyone interested please go to chris-dewitt-updates.blogspot.com just cut and paste or type in and go read chrissys blog that my brother had set up for her. Beware tissues are needed !!!

I love you all !!! Vicky



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: